We examine the five key aspects underlying current value-based care and population health initiatives to deliver insights on how provider organizations can thrive.
The move towards value-based care isn’t a simple task; it’s a journey that demands a host of new skill sets and strategies. To thrive, we believe healthcare organizations of all sizes and types need to focus on how they can move beyond providing sick care to promote the longitudinal health of their patient populations.
Over the next months, Philips PHM is taking a close look at the elements we believe will drive success—today, and in the years to come. These include:
- Developing population health strategies designed to care for the population as a whole, and keeping patients health risks’ in check.
- Taking advantage of the ROI and business value an effective population health strategy can deliver
- Understanding that big data is only as valuable as your ability to use it
- Creating care plans that account for the social determinants of heath
- Moving beyond patient engagement to power consumer activation