Easily the most debated and challenging aspect of healthcare information technology as related to patient care, interoperability must be re-thought to keep pace with the all-payer movement to value-based care.
This white paper breaks through the noise to examine the limitations of traditional exchange processes and EHR-based pursuits, and details what’s needed at the population level to succeed, including:
- The movement away from episodic query and retrieve one-offs
- The need for data volume, scale and outbound automation
- Assessing EHR-, payer- and aggregator-based technologies
- Essential use cases needed at the population health management level
- Redefining the elements of interoperability for a true longitudinal chart
- How ONC standards need more muscle and private-sector buy in